Sunday, March 20, 2016

DIVINE LENTEN 2016 WEEKLY VIDEO REFLECTION NO. 6: “WHAT DOES THE CROSS MEAN TO ME TODAY AND NOW?” by Rev. Fr. Michael Payyapilly V.C.



In this heart-provoking sharing of God’s Word on Jesus Death of the Cross - “WHAT DOES THE CROSS MEAN TO ME TODAY AND NOW?”, Rev. Fr. Michael Payyapilly V.C., Director -- Divine Retreat Centre, Somersby NSW, Australia, opens the eyes of our hearts to the true meaning and significance of Jesus’ Death on the Cross as it pertains to our daily lives “Every day we look at the Cross and we know, ‘My sins have been taken up by my Lord on that Cross.”




Yet many of us ask today – ‘What does the Cross signify or mean to me today?

How does this Cross touch my life or inspire my life today and now?

How does the Cross touch my life or inspire my life today and now?   
    
What about my daily problems and difficulties – how do I relate that to the Cross?

Fr. Michael reminds each of us what we need to do as disciples of Jesus in our daily living. “The thorns of our burdens will pierce through; many of the thorns will cause us a lot of pain but the Lord tells us - ‘take it up!’ – just as I have taken it up for you!”

“The Lord gives us an answer from the Cross!”

This blessed sharing of God’s Word by Fr. Michael explains with holy clarity why the Cross is truly a sign of Hope for every Christian.

On Holy Thursday, as we unite our hearts with Jesus, a EUCHARISTIC ADORATION  video by  Rev. Fr. Augustine Vallooran V.C., Director of Divine Retreat Centre, Kerala, India will be shared as a holy preparation of the Healing Touch and Hope we receive from Jesus. It is the finale of our preparation for this Lenten season 2016.

Please do share this Divine Lenten 2016 Weekly Video Reflection series with your loved ones, prayer groups and friends to make this sacred season of Lent in this Holy Year of Mercy a truly transforming experience in our Christian life.

No comments:

Post a Comment