Friday, November 9, 2012

HOW DIVINE-POTTA MINISTRY BEGAN...AND A DIVINE RETREAT EXPERIENCE




Nzone Focus' host Allan Lee interviews  Rev. Fr. Augustine Vallooran V.C. about Divine 's retreat experiences and about Divine Retreat Centre and of  Glen la Rive's personal testimony -- during a recent mission in New Zealand. 


Fr. Augustine Vallooran shares the remarkable story of how Divine Retreat Centre based in Kerala, South India, has grown by God's amazing Grace to become the largest Catholic retreat centre in he world  - over 10 million people since end December 1989. Father explains that "More than 30% of those who attend the retreats are non-Christians - everyone feels at home in the Presence of Jesus. Everyone feels the joy!"

Glen La Rive's personal testimony is inspiring - how a long-haired rockstar musician  (videoclips included)  caught up in the ways of the world is totally transformed through his first Divine retreat. Glen still remembers how he truly experienced God in Divine - "I found a strange peace...especially Fr. Augustine's words which were burning through me and counselling me - something which I have never experienced before in my life."  From then on, Glen has only used his voice "to sing for the Glory of God". Today, Glen and his wife, Teresa, are known all over the world as Divine's Singing Couple!

Nzone Focus is  New Zealand's only Christian news and current affairs programmes to be made and broadcast by Shine TV, on Sky Digital 111 & Freeview 25 in New Zealand.

Retreats are held every week of the year in Divine Retreat Centre (DRC) in English and 6 Indian languages. It is the largest Catholic retreat centre in the world.

Over 10 million people have attended retreats here since the Divine-Potta ministry by the Fathers of Vincentian Congregation of India opened Divine Retreat Centre in late December 1989.

Please do share this post with all your friends and loved ones who want to know more about the Divine-Potta ministry and about  experiencing a Divine retreat.

For more information, please visit the website: www.drcm.org

5 comments:

  1. God gave me many opportunities to visit DRC over the past 20 years. Though I am a
    protestant clergy, I had good times of fellowship with Rev.Augustine Vallooran and other
    brothers and sisters who serve the Lord. I also appreciate sister Susan Alexander`s behind the scene efforts through computer. It is the love for our Lord Jesus Christ that brings us together and binds us as God`s family. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went pitta DRC three times n every single time I experienced like heaven.
    God fulfilled my all big three wishes.
    One of them is
    My mom who is no more was suffering cancer!After first retreat when we went back to home my mom got rest in soul.
    She herself was saying at d movement of death that "I can see Jesus very clearly,He is very close to me,He come to me to let me take with Him".
    Praise the Lord.
    These were hers last words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God gave me very wonderful opportunities to worship n praise Him at DRC.
    We had gone DRC for three times.
    First time I went for my Mother as she had breast cancer was last stage n she had so much pain that she was suffering! I said in my heart that Lord please give me a chance to DRC n let me do worship for my mother's peaceful death! N next month 13 May 2013 I got chance to Potts.
    My mother died same year 24 Oct 2013 n she got her peaceful death.
    Her last movement she was saying that she could see Jesus near her.she was saying that she couldn't understand why God came to her.
    On d death time she said to my brother that open the drawer there is photo of Jeses n bring it to me!My brother opened n found that same photo abt which my mom was talking.
    She had a peaceful death.
    God Himself came to her n took her with Him.
    Praise d Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very grateful for this channel.It is
    a heaven present in this troubled world. People working in this retreat centre are really living saints .God loves you and chosen you to take sinners near to God 🙏🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Yr 2000, due to hopelessness and depression I tried to end my life but failed! That’s when I was introduced to this wonderful place ( Devine Potta retreat center in India) by my work manager. I felt Jesus love and living presence both as God and as friend at this simple but marvelous place. I also felt the gentle yet strong touch of Holy Spirit at that place and my life changed 180 degrees. My mind and heart now understood what real joy means!! God brought my first love as my husband, blessed me with three wonderful children , well paid job and nice life in America , nice friends. I moved to USA in 2007. I got busy with work/ raising kids and didn’t leave any time for God. I almost entered into another hopeless time in 2017, but God brought this same Devine retreat Fr Augustine’s team to Pasadena ( California) in order to get me out of my depression. Since then , I and my family been blessed tremendously at work , family relationships and prayer life and whenever this team visits California we never miss. Thank you so much Jesus for blessing us with Fr Augustine, Glen & Teresa and Tom’s team who is helping behind scenes to bring this team every year to California. We love you Jesus , grant us the grace to love ourselves and others the way you want us to and hep us Holy Spirit. All praise, glory and honor be yours father God for ever and ever!!

    ReplyDelete