Thursday, April 1, 2021

MAUNDY THURSDAY: Battle of The Word vs The Eucharist & Eucharistic Adoration by Fr. Micha...


This year, the Friends of Divine 7-part, OUR FAITH JOURNEY WITH JESUS 2021 WEEKLY VIDEO REFLECTION series is a compilation of talks by Fr. Michael Payyapilly V.C., Parish Priest of Holy Family Church, Doveton, Australia over the past year of how our personal relationship with God must grow and not stay stagnant.

The last video of the 7-part OUR FAITH JOURNEY WITH JESUS 2021 WEEKLY VIDEO REFLECTION SERIES is "BATTLE OF THE WORD VERSUS THE EUCHARIST  & EUCHARISTIC ADORATION SERVICE” by Fr. Michael eloquently reminds  every one of us of what is central of our Catholic faith. “Peter said. ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of Eternal Life.‘ I might not have understood everything O Lord, but as You said it is Your Body and Blood O Lord. I will believe it is Your Body and Blood.’ That is faith.”

“That is the faith with which we come into the Eucharist. Lord, I might not understand it. Lord, I might not comprehend it but as You said it is Your Body and Blood, I will believe it is Your Body and Blood. That is faith. That is the faith Jesus is calling us to. When we come into the Lord’s Eucharistic Presence, let us remember, it is so important to get ourselves into the mode of knowing that I am now going to be receiving the Body and Blood of Jesu. I am going to receive the Lord Himself.”

Divine Australia live-streamed the full full First Friday Service  on 08 January 2020.



As we partake of the Hol Week Triduum, I would like to share this brief prayer:

Jesus, help me meditate and reflect upon the REAL meaning of Holy Week and your last week on earth upon my life-when I receive the ultimate gift of Eternal Life in Heaven. As I continue my pilgrimage on earth, I seek Your sanctifying Grace to open my heart, my life to fulfil Your mission for me on earth.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment